Advice please ,need band 7

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
raghadmamd

Advice please ,need band 7

Post by raghadmamd »

Q). Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion
Education is an issue of paramount importance. While many people believe that gender separation is the best way in education, others think that attending mixed schools has more benefits to the learners. In this essay, I will explain both points of view before my opinion is declared.
On the one hand, it is argued that separate schools help students in their academic achievements, because students in young age need only to think about their school curricula. In other words, having boys and girls in same classes in early age may allow them to start premature relationship, which in turn would distract them from studying. Moreover, proponents of this opinion consider that mixed genders would increase shyness and decrease class sharing activities. Therefore they claim that having special schools for each gender would improve education process.
However, on the other hand, many people think mixed schools have many advantages. The most significant one is enhancing communication skills which would facilitate teamwork later on. It is presumed that if students go to mixed school at young ages, they would be more able to express their ideas clearly and confidently. This great benefit has noted to be linked to teamwork ability. This means students who are in mixed schools are able to mingle in different work fields. This trend is clearly explained in the Gulf region, where we see females tend more for jobs like teaching in girls' schools where they are not interacting with the other gender.
To conclude, although separation of genders in schools has its own benefits, I believe students gain more if being in mixed schools. I hope governments promote theses schools in future.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Advice please ,need band 7

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

In the first main paragraph, the shyness point is not explained.

In the second main paragraph the communication and teamwork aspects are not explained.

Grammatical range is limited, as is vocabulary.

Overall, points are unclear and the conclusion doesn't explain why you hold that view. You need to say why you think one view outweighs the other.

All the best,
David