I am aiming for a 7 in my writing. I would really appreciate for your assessment. Thank you

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jabecs

I am aiming for a 7 in my writing. I would really appreciate for your assessment. Thank you

Post by jabecs »

Films and computer games containing violence are popular. Some people say they have a negative impacts on society and should be banned, while others say they are just harmless relaxation. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, there has been an increasing interest to violence in movies and video games. Some people believe these forms of media are unacceptable and should be eradicated. However, there are people who argue that these kinds of movies or games provide high amounts entertainment to the masses

Majority of the people are very much interested in watching movies that provide a realistic setting. The young individuals in particular prefer to watch movies that are packed with actions. In addition, the thrill and fear that is experienced throughout the show is like an emotional rollercoaster for the viewers. Similarly, video games that are famous worldwide are in the genres of war and combat that involves the application of guns and swords are favord by most teens. More importantly, movies these days portray real life issues that the world is facing today, such as terrorisms, crimes and drugs. These depictions provide an overview to the people who are unaware of the problems they are currently having. That is to say these types of medias can provide knowledge and insight to actual issues on this period.

Adults and most especially children have the tendency to imitate actions that are seen on the television. These bad examples can corrupt the impressionable minds of the youth and can have negative outcomes in the future. Furthermore, a growing number of movies have been observed to glamorized organized crimes. Examples of these would be movies based on italian mafias, yakuza and gang wars in America. These give people the wrong idea about criminals and could lead them to actually commit these actions.

In my opinion, violence will never be eradicated in the world since these genres sell really well to the people. I believe that it is acceptable for people to be exposed to acts of violence, as long as it is highly censored to young children.

In conclusion, there will always be two opposing side in whether violence is allowed for enjoyment purposes. I tend to think that it is alright to see these types of movies and games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: I am aiming for a 7 in my writing. I would really appreciate for your assessment. Thank you

Post by Flick »

jabecs wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:25 am Films and computer games containing violence are popular. Some people say they have a negative impacts on society and should be banned, while others say they are just harmless relaxation. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.

Recently, there has been an increasing interest in violence in movies and video games. Some people believe these forms of media are unacceptable and should be eradicated. However, there are people who argue that these kinds of movies and games provide high amounts entertainment to the masses.

The m
ajority of people are interested in watching movies that provide a realistic setting. Young individuals, in particular, prefer to watch movies that are packed with action. In addition, the thrill and fear that is experienced throughout the show is like an emotional rollercoaster for the viewers. Similarly, video games that are famous worldwide are in the genres of war and combat that involve the use of guns and swords are favored by most teens. More importantly, movies these days portray real life issues that the world is facing today, such as terrorism, crimes and drugs. These depictions provide an overview to people who are unaware of the problems they are currently having. That is to say, these types of media can provide knowledge and insight to actual issues.

Both adults and children have the tendency to imitate actions that are seen on the television. These bad examples can corrupt the impressionable minds of the youth and can have negative outcomes in the future. Furthermore, a growing number of movies have been observed to glorify organized crime. Examples of these would be movies based on Italian mafia, yakuza and gang wars in America. These give people the wrong idea about criminals and could lead them to actually commit these actions.

In my opinion, violence will never be eradicated in the world since these genres sell really well to people. I believe that it is acceptable for people to be exposed to acts of violence, as long as it is highly censored to young children.

In conclusion, there will always be two opposing sides to whether violence should be allowed for entertainment purposes. I tend to think that it is alright to see these types of movies and games.