Please assess my Task 2 Essay. Thank You!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
padmanabhan.r90

Please assess my Task 2 Essay. Thank You!

Post by padmanabhan.r90 »

Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

The fame and wealth of sports professional has increased concomitantly with his success. It is believed by some that these people earn more than the people in other important professions, while others refute it. In my opinion, though successful people in sports may have become the face their nations, and may earn more money than an ordinary man could imagine, I believe people in top posts earn a great deal more.

Successful people in sports are the celebrities of a nation, with millions of fans looking up to them and worshiping them, and this has led to an increase in the number of endorsements and advertisements that they sign up. For example, in India, the popular cricket player Virat was chosen as the brand ambassador of Nike, Pepsi, and few others products after his successful run in the 2015. He is believed to have earned more than 10 million USD in the past 2 years alone from these, and has landed himself in the list of richest people in the country. It can be clearly seen how fame and success in sports have direct impact on a person’s wealth.

By contrast, many people argue that people in top posts earn more. It is true top government officials and people in important professions are susceptible to corruption and earn in many illegal ways in many countries. For instance, India is believed to be a country with rampant graft, and every politician has a record of amassing disproportionate amount of wealth. In fact, half of the funds allocated for people welfare is believed to have been swindled by the politicians, and this has been happening from many years. Clearly, power and position seem to play a much bigger role in amassing wealth.

In conclusion, it is undoubtedly clear that power and position of someone in an important post trumps the success and fame of a sports personnel. Not everyone in sports can become a millionaire, but earning a top post in an important field is a proven way to becoming one.