Appreciate your feedback on task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
raghadmamd

Appreciate your feedback on task 2

Post by raghadmamd »

Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement
To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge.

Recycling is considered a beneficial process which adds to a country economy, and also is a sign of civilization. However, many areas over the globe still not familiar with recycling measures.Thus many people argue that recycling should be obligatory. I believe that applying laws is very important, nevertheless, there are other possible methods which can be helpful. In this essay, I will explain my opinion and share some examples.
Those who support the idea of fixing laws and penalties for not recycling think that people will not be compliant with rules unless there is punishment. They claim that financial penalties will make people more engaged in the recycling process, moreover, this will add to the community profits. Others consider helping in public services such as cleaning or garden caring is more acceptable punishment. So, it is evident that law can help people to be more motivated and in same time help the community in case of a penalty.
But the law is not the only way for improving people habits. Other ways are still valid. For instance, raising awareness about benefits of recycling can contribute in changing people minds through advertisements. Another solution is giving money in return to people's old materials. Take Cairo governorate for example, they start a project to collect this stuff after being sorted out by you, they will pay sum of money, by this way many people try recycling to gain money.
To sum up, recycling is a vital process in our life. It could be increased by various ways include law and increase awareness. I hope these methods could be applied soon and help in community improvement.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Appreciate your feedback on task 2

Post by Flick »

raghadmamd wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:17 pm Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement
To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge.

Recycling is considered a beneficial process which adds to a country economy, and also is a sign of civilization. However, many places around the globe are still not familiar with recycling measures. Thus many people argue that recycling should be obligatory. I believe that applying laws is very important in addressing this issue. Nevertheless, there are other possible methods which can be helpful. In this essay, I will explain my opinion and share some examples.

Those who support the idea of creating laws and penalties for not recycling think that people will not be compliant with rules unless there is punishment. They claim that financial penalties will make people more engaged in the recycling process. Moreover, this will add to community profits. Others consider helping in public services such as cleaning or gardening is a more acceptable punishment. So, it is evident that the law can help people to be more motivated while at the same time help the community in the case of a penalty.

But the law is not the only way to change people's habits. Other ways are still valid. For instance, raising awareness about the benefits of recycling can contribute to changing people's minds through advertisements. Another solution is giving money in return to people's old materials. Take the Cairo governorate, for example. They started a project to collect this stuff after being sorted by citizens and they pay a sum of money for it. This way, many people are encouraged to try recycling.

To sum up, recycling is a vital process in our life. It could be increased by various methods including the law and increasing awareness. I hope these methods will be applied soon and help in community improvement.