Please can you check my W T2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Elhassan

Please can you check my W T2

Post by Elhassan »

These days more fathers stay at home and take care of their children while mothers go out to work. What could be the reasons for this? Do you think it is a positive or a negative development?

Nowadays, many men than ever decide to leave work and stay at home, while more women become the breadwinners of their families. There are numerous reasons for this trend, and I believe it is a positive development.

Societies have changed dramatically recently, and these changes could be seen clearly in the roles of men and women. Due to the great job, which has been done by equal rights movements, women can now gain qualifications and pursue a career. As a result, the traditional image of women as housewives and men as breadwinner is not anymore accepted. Another reason for this change in society is that it became socially acceptable for men to take the role of househusband. Furthermore, due to the increase in the prices of childminders, one parent may decide to stay at home and takes care of the children, and usually, the one who gain less money stay at home and that person could be the father.

In my opinion, the changes described above should be seen as a positive development. Women should not be under pressure from society to leave their job just to have a family unless that is her own decision. Equally, men also must be able to choose the role they prefer and suits them more in the family. Couples should take their own decisions, and live the way that makes them happy without the intervention of the society.

In conclusion, there are many reasons why couples change their traditional roles in society, and I think this change is positive.