Please give me some feedbacks for my task 1.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Daayath

Please give me some feedbacks for my task 1.

Post by Daayath »

Topic

The chart below gives information about Someland’s main exports in 2005, 2015, and future projections for 2025.

Response

The bar chart illustrate the amount of money earned from 3 categories of export (meat products, dairy products and international tourism) in year 2005 and 2015, as well as its future prediction in 2025. All units are measured in USD.

Overall, it can be seen that international tourism led the earning in the first place at just under $8 billion, followed by dairy products in the second and meat products in the third by 2005.

Following the next ten years, the 3 categories experienced some changes, such as, declining amount of gain from exactly $4 billion to moderately under its previous number. Meanwhile in the same year, dairy products rocketed significantly to slightly under $8 billion. In contrast, international tourism also encountered an increase to considerably above $8 billion.

In terms of future predictions for 2025, meat products are anticipated to decline as much as previous number of decrease it has experienced. In contrast, dairy products are also estimated to have a considerably small decline. On the other hand, international tourism is expected to have a growth to slightly below $8 billion.
Attachments
IELTS_Writing_Task_1_169.png
IELTS_Writing_Task_1_169.png (6.97 KiB) Viewed 2065 times
Daayath

Re: Please give me some feedbacks for my task 1.

Post by Daayath »

Help
Daayath

Post by Daayath »

Up
Daayath

Post by Daayath »

Help
akinsraelddr

Post by akinsraelddr »

Question.
For a long time art has been considered an essential part of all cultures in the world. However, nowadays people’s values have changed, and we tend to consider science, technology and business more important than arts.
What do you think are the causes of this?
What can be done to draw people’s attention to art?

Answer:
Over most of history up till recently, art has been culture and values over the world; these days, though, business, science and technology seem to have taken that place. Up till about a little more than a century ago, things like electricity, and mobile phones and internet, cars, trains and airplanes - advances in communications and transport were unavailable. These changes technology also brought about wealth than ever before, far beyond the wildest imaginations of people in earlier generations. Bill Gates, the creator of Microsoft is the richest man in the world. This could not have happened without these advances.
These changes have been rapid and has dramatically altered the way we move and communicate-from the average teen in the western world that spends 56% of leisure time on social media to a rising business executive who spends a third of his working hours on the go. These effects include less facetime and superficial relationships, a reduction in the importance placed on personal relationships, a lack of empathy and a larger-than-normal emphasis on work- or the preparation for it in the university. With these, there has been a decrease in emphasis on art and the humanities, with a corresponding reduction in the appreciation of the finer things in life: like appreciation of ones cultural heritage, appreciation of good music and ability to empathize.
A couple of things can be done to stem this tide. The government can make some art courses compulsory for children in secondary school, and also as restricted electives for higher education students. An array of these art courses can be integrated into the curricula, which students will choose from, based on their interests. Also, private individuals can set up foundations which will set aside sums of money for sponsorship of people who are interested in arts. Scholarships can also be given to exceptional students.
These will go a long way in reducing these high emphasis placed on business, science and technology. Or isn’t a course spent on poetry- which will give them a good taste and of beauty and creative expression better than one in calculus which will soon be forgotten?