Could you please, assess my essay?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ilitty

Could you please, assess my essay?

Post by ilitty »

Маny people think modern communication technology is having some negative effects on social relationships. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Most of the communications today are made via different technology means. Some people believe that this and the everyday development of the technologies are having a negative impact on the society’s communication. I partly agree with that, but not entirely, because the technology in its entirety is not harmful for the communication at all.

On the one hand, there are many advantages that the modern communication technology provides. For instance, when somebody moves to another country he is still able to communicate with his family thanks to the advance of the technology. Moreover, when there is going to be a big meeting or seminar, but everyone is able to get there, they can present through internet and even have the opportunity to ask their questions. The technologies make the communication in some occasions a much easier, some times possible.

On the other hand, there are disadvantages of the society’s habit to use the technologies for communication. The people get used to use different programs or devices to communicate , therefore they are beginning to lose their abilities to talk in person. For example, it is much more convenient to scold someone via written report, mail or Skype, than in person. It is the same when it comes to our personal relationships, the words come easier, nevertheless if they are positive or negative, when we are in our comfort zone at home and writing to somebody through facebook, Skype or etc.

All in all, the modern technologies have both negative and positive impact on the society’s communication. Unfortunately, with every passing day the negatives are more and more prevailing than the positives. I hope that the society will start using less technology in their everyday communication with family and friends.

/289 words/
arsa818

Re: Could you please, assess my essay?

Post by arsa818 »

Nowadays, latest telecommunication technology has totally changed the lifestyle of people the world over. Although considerable number of people believe that this technological advancement has some negative impacts on social relationships , however, i totally disagree with this argument. This can be proven by analyzing ingress of internet into peoples' life and availability modern technology offers.
After the inception of internet, social interaction has been improved among those individuals who use modern technology. Take facebook as an example, facebook brought back those friends who were not in contact for many years. due to the availability of internet globally, distance does not matter in this relationships. Even though friends can frequently update their status on Facebook by posting pictures and sharing videos. This powerful tool of facebook has brought friends much closer and positive effects on social relationship can be seen.
Furthermore, latest technologies have important role in providing connectivity 24/7. though it is not the substitute of physical relationship, it is the easiest way to connect with others. For instance, People can now easily setup whatsapp groups and invite classmates to join it. Buy this friends who could not spare time for social gathering can easily get in touch with their social groups through digital means and at the same time they can join multiple groups . this aspect to technological development has provided opportunity to communicate with more than social gatherings and for me this has positive effect on social relationship.
In conclusion, there is no doubt that latest technology has changed the pattern of social relationship. This change has many positive effects as they provide internet connectivity globally and individuals can connect multiple social groups.