Please, check my WT2.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
murad agayev

Please, check my WT2.

Post by murad agayev »

Some people think that wild animals should not be kept in zoos. Others believe that there are good reasons for having zoos. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

People have different views about whether animals should be kept in zoos. While some argue that having zoos is advantageous for different points, I believe that keeping wild animals in zoos is not a fair action against animals.

There are various reasons that why some people believe that zoos have positive sides in terms of many factors. Firstly and foremost, zoos play an important role in wildlife conservation. For example, the governments establish zoos that can help to protect endangered species. Secondly, scientists can study animals and their behavior in cages in zoo areas. As a result, doing researches and experiments on animals in zoos could make advances in health sector. Thirdly, zoos are educational, interesting and fun place. Most people, in particular, children enjoy learning about animals coming zoos. Finally, from economics perspective zoos provide work opportunities for many people. For instance, after graduating university zoologist can easily find jobs in zoos in terms of taking care animals.

In spite of these arguments, I believe that animals should not be kept in zoos. In my opinion, zoo animals are kept in artificial environments, and they are kept in cages that have limited space. Besides, animals in zoos lose the freedom to hunt for food. Therefore, such animals only rely on humans in terms of feeding them. In addition, zoos are ethical because animal exhibition in zoos aim making money. Thus, we do not have right to use animals for entertainment and profit.

In conclusion, although some people consider keeping animals in zoos reasonable, I personally believe that animals should be protected in natural habitats.

264 words
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please, check my WT2.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, not a bad essay, but the points are not developed - just stated as fact without reason. You cite one of my favourite reasons, that animals rely on humans to feed them. The regular incidents at zoos in China, where people climb into the tigers cages and are attacked, suggests otherwise.

Grammar and vocabulary are reasonably good, both in terms of range and accuracy, but the simple way you state points means a reduced grammatical range than could be achieved.

All the best,
David