Please evaluate my writings and if possible give me an estimate about my current writing score.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
adib_yz

Please evaluate my writings and if possible give me an estimate about my current writing score.

Post by adib_yz »

Your colleague from a different town is coming next month and you are moving out of your current accommodation. Write a letter to the colleague to recommend they move into your house and say
• Why are you moving to another house?
• Describe your present accommodation.
• Explain why it will suit your colleague.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Aryan,

I heard the news about your transfer to Tehran this morning and I am writing this letter to suggest my place as your future accommodation in Tehran.

Currently, I live in a double bedroom apartment in Vanak Street but I will move into a new place in two weeks’ time. My son, Tom, starts school this year and unfortunately, there are not any good schools in this area so I have to move to the northern part of the city. If it was not for him, I would never have changed my home.

The apartment has two airy bedrooms, a spacious living room and its own parking space. The whole place was renovated last year and all the kitchen cabinets, bathroom tiles, and faucets have been replaced with the latest models.

I am offering you this place because I know the landlord and I can help for negotiating about the price and more importantly, it is just a 15-minute walk from the apartment to your new workplace and this is a huge advantage considering the terrible traffic jams in Tehran.

I look forward to hearing from you and please let me know about your decision.

Yours sincerely,
Adib Yz

In many countries eighteen is considered the right age to start driving a car. However, some people say that the legal driving age should be twenty-five. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In recent years, there has been a heated debate about the legal age for driving among people. Some argue that 18 is the appropriate age to start driving while others believe the minimum age for receiving a driving license should be 25. I support the view of the later group and believe legal age for driving should be raised to 25.

Keeping teenagers safe is the primary argument to raise the driving age. According to a research done by Iran Insurance Institution, the number of fatal clashes among 18-19 olds is twice as high as it is in the 25-26 age group. In addition, it has been proven that young drivers tend to care less about traffic rules and speed limitations and also drinking and driving is extremely common among them which results in horrible accidents. Health factors also play a role in promoting raising legal driving age. With current over-weight population among the young individuals, it is not logical to give them an opportunity to exercise even less. It is obvious if a teenager has the option of driving a car over walking, he/she will definitely prefer the car and therefore, it will aggravate the obesity problem.

Those who argue 18 years as the appropriate age to start driving also have some valid arguments. Nowadays the majority of 18-year-olds have to work to support their studies and those who do not work often attend various extracurricular and voluntary activities. Having a car definitely, helps them to manage their time and attend all these places on time. Additionally, it is much easier to learn driving when you are younger compared to a 25-year-old person. Parents can teach basics of driving and with all the willingness that teenagers have, they can master driving in a short period of time.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that young people prefer to receive their driving license as soon as they can, however, the finding regarding the high rate of fatal accidents in youngsters suggests that we need to raise the legal age for driving to control these unfortunate events.

Last edited by adib_yz on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.