Please evaluate my letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Hazem123

Please evaluate my letter

Post by Hazem123 »

You are going away travelling for the summer. You want a friend to look after your home while you are away.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter,
• say where you are going
• describe your home
• explain some of the things your friend must do to look after your house

Dear Mark,
How’s it going? It’s been ages since I heard from you. I’m writing to let you know that I will be going on vacation this summer, and I need you to do me a favor taking care of my home while I’m away.

You might be wondering where I’m going to spend that holiday. It is a pleasure to tell you that I’m planning to arrive in London next month where I’m supposed to stay for about two weeks.

I guess I have to tell you more about my house. I live in a large-sized apartment situated on the fourth floor of a tall apartment building in the center of the town. The windows overlook the main streets but it is fairly quiet inside. The walls and roofs are decorated in a fashionable design, and I am pretty sure that my dwelling will appeal to you.

I’d be very thankful if you could water my plants and feed my little cat every day. You can do the cleaning tasks if you wish but that is not necessary. You will find a slip with detailed instructions written on it on the fridge in case you forget something.

Thank you for your help, and I hope this doesn’t seem tiring to you.

All the best,
John
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please evaluate my letter

Post by Flick »

Hazem123 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:30 pm You are going away travelling for the summer. You want a friend to look after your home while you are away.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter,
• say where you are going
• describe your home
• explain some of the things your friend must do to look after your house

Dear Mark,

How’s it going? It’s been ages since I heard from you. I’m writing to let you know that I will be going on vacation this summer, and I need you to do me a favor and take care of my home while I’m away.

You might be wondering where I’m going to spend my holiday. It is a pleasure to tell you that I’m planning to arrive in London next month where I’m supposed to stay for about two weeks.

I guess I have to tell you more about my house. I live in a large-sized apartment situated on the fourth floor of a tall apartment building in the center of the town. The windows overlook the main street, but it is fairly quiet inside. The walls and roof are decorated in a fashionable design, and I am pretty sure that my dwelling will appeal to you.

I’d be very thankful if you could water my plants and feed my cat every day. You can do the cleaning tasks if you wish but that is not necessary. You will find a slip with detailed instructions written on it on the fridge in case you forget something.

Thank you for your help, and I hope this doesn’t seem tiring to you.

All the best,
John