Please, evaluate my T2. Thanks!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ilitty

Please, evaluate my T2. Thanks!

Post by ilitty »

Some people think that organizations would benefit more from young managers than from older ones. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The organizations are complicated structures that are very difficult to manage. Managers are those who are responsible for the goal achievements and the success of the organization. It is suggested that the young managers would be more beneficial for the organizations than the older. In my opinion it is not important how old is the manager or how experienced, but how open is he for change.

On the one hand, the more experienced manager would do better in many situations. Also, it is true that there is a significant difference between the generations, the people are different, therefore the methods to manage them are different. For example, it is not a good practice to appoint older manager to a team consisting of young people or the contrary. That is because their working habits and methods would be dissimilar and the risk to rise a conflict would grow.

On the other hand, it is not always important how old or how experienced is the manager, if he manages to fit in the team and to cope with his responsibilities. One of the main responsibilities of the manager is to implement the “change” in the processes and the structure, and along with that the keep work process smooth. Often, the older managers are not ready to accept and apply changes, which could decrease the team effectiveness and even lead to conflicts, especially if the team is formed mainly from young people.

All in all, the most important quality of a manager is not his experience or age, but his inclination to welcome changes and implement them successfully. It is much easier for the young people to learn the new methods than for the older, who have been working the same way for years.

/291 words/
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please, evaluate my T2. Thanks!

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Not a bad essay, but you need to provide support for your main ideas. It seems to me that you are merely making assumptions - older and younger people work differently and managers are primarily for making changes. I would challenge both of these assumptions. Regardless, of our different opinions, you still need to explain your ideas.

Grammar and vocabulary are good, both in terms of range and accuracy.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please, evaluate my T2. Thanks!

Post by Flick »

ilitty wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:43 am Some people think that organizations would benefit more from young managers than from older ones. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Organizations are complicated structures that are very difficult to manage. Managers are those who are responsible for the goal achievements and the success of the organization. It is suggested that younger managers would be more beneficial for the organization than older managers. In my opinion, it is not important how old the manager is or how experienced, but how open he is to change.

On the one hand, the more experienced manager would do better in many situations. Also, it is true that there is a significant difference between the generations. The people are different, therefore the methods to manage them are different. For example, it is not a good practice to appoint an older manager to a team consisting of young people or the contrary. That is because their working habits and methods would be dissimilar and the risk of conflict would grow.

On the other hand, it is not always important how old or how experienced is the manager, if he manages to fit in with the team and to cope with his responsibilities. One of the main responsibilities of the manager is to implement change in the processes and the structure, and along with that, keep the work process smooth. Often, the older managers are not ready to accept and apply changes, which could decrease team effectiveness and even lead to conflicts, especially if the team is formed mainly from young people.

All in all, the most important quality of a manager is not his experience or age, but his inclination to welcome changes and implement them successfully. It is much easier for young people to learn new methods than for older people, who have been working the same way for years.

/291 words/