Please, evaluate my essay! Thank you in advance :)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ilitty

Please, evaluate my essay! Thank you in advance :)

Post by ilitty »

Some people believe that the advent of economical air travel has been very beneficial by making international travel more accessible, while others argue that it has had a very negative impact.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience.
Write at least 250 words.

International air travel has become considerably cheaper over the past decade. As a result, more and more people could afford more often to use this way of traveling.

According to some people, the low prices of plane tickets provides more opportunities for the business and tourism development. For instance, because of the low fares for many people it is more easier to attend to business meetings and conferences held abroad. This is very favorable for the general knowledge exchange, world economy and for the globalization process at all. There are many benefits for the tourism branch, too. Now, when it is more affordable for people to travel, they can visit more places abroad.

On the other hand, there are people who believe that this trend has a negative impact on the environment. Firstly, by using fuel, which is a non-renewable resource, the airplanes emit high levels of carbon dioxide, which is the main cause for the global warming. Also, the low prices, for example 5 EUR for a ticket from Rome to Paris, encourages more and more people to travel by plane for short distance, and this way to cause more damage to the environment.

To sum up, both sides have their reasonable arguments. The lower ticket prices provide more business and tourism opportunities, also contribute to the spreading and exchanging of knowledge. However, it is true that the air transport has a negative impact on the environment. To my way of thinking, the progressive decrease in the plane fares is more than good and welcomed. This trend allows the people to travel easier, to visit new places and to explore the world, without investing a fortune.

/277 words/
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please, evaluate my essay! Thank you in advance :)

Post by Flick »

ilitty wrote:Some people believe that the advent of economical air travel has been very beneficial by making international travel more accessible, while others argue that it has had a very negative impact.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience.
Write at least 250 words.

International air travel has become considerably cheaper over the past decade. As a result, more and more people can afford to use this mode of travel.

According to some people, the low prices of plane tickets provide more opportunities for the business and tourism development. For instance, because of the low fares, for many people it is easier to attend business meetings and conferences held abroad. This is very favorable for the exchange of general knowledge, the world economy and for the globalization process. There are many benefits for tourism, too. Now that it is more affordable for people to travel, they can visit more places abroad.

On the other hand, there are people who believe that this trend has a negative impact on the environment. Firstly, by using fuel, which is a non-renewable resource, airplanes emit high levels of carbon dioxide, which is the main cause of global warming. Also, the low prices, for example 5 EUR for a ticket from Rome to Paris, encourages more and more people to travel by plane for short distances, and thus to cause more damage to the environment.

To sum up, both sides have reasonable arguments. The lower ticket prices provide more business and tourism opportunities, and also contribute to the spread and exchange of knowledge. However, it is true that air transport has a negative impact on the environment. To my way of thinking, the progressive decrease in plane fares is more than good and welcomed. This trend allows people to travel easier, to visit new places and to explore the world, without investing a fortune.

/277 words/
ilitty

Re: Please, evaluate my essay! Thank you in advance :)

Post by ilitty »

Thank you!