Task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Mr Azik

Task 1

Post by Mr Azik »

Task one from IELTS practice test plus 3, test 3
[img]asa[/img]

The graph gives information about gender gap in unemployed graduates who are between 20 and 24 (in percentages) in typical European country from 2008 and 2009.

Overall, what stands out from graph is that in the second year percentage of unemployed people was higher and at the ends of years more people could not find a job. Interestingly, levels of men`s columns were taller then females` in all period in question.
At the beginning of survey, it is clear from the chart unemployed men consisted of 10% of all men when 7% of women were out of work. Both of them experienced gradual decrease and on 8th of July they represented 8% and 6% respectively. However at the end of this year, October 08, 2008, men`s percentage was about 2 times of July 08, the percent for females was just over 10%.
The figures for the next year were considerably higher. On 9th of January and April the bars of the unemployed males were same, nearly 13% while female`s bars were in the range of about 8 and 6%. Before reaching their peak points 22% and 12%, on 9th of July these numbers were 11 % and 10 %.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task 1

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

I do not have the chart, so will just assume you have the correct figures.

Overall, very good. I can easily picture the graph in my mind from following your description. You have included a clear overview. Grammatical mistakes are minor and do not interfere with meaning. Vocabulary range is good and mistakes are rare. Organisation is clear.

I wouldn't refer to the 'bars' and Oct 8th is not really the end of the year, is it?

All the best,
David