Task-2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
varsha

Task-2

Post by varsha »

Topic :A mass communication and transport continue to grow, societies are becoming more and more alike leading to phenomenon known as globalization. Some people fear that globalization will inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement ? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

21st century is more prone to phenomenon like globalization. Due to modernization and new technology has taken a new shape to the world. As water of flow goes , people also flow in that way. I agree that globalization leads to cultural identity. I would like to mention several factors which affect it.

Recent survey has shown numbers of trend data that people change with modern technology. Not only new techniques but also the way of thinking. For example, in 1970 most of the people think that they should have eat together at least once in a day. In year 2000 , people do not spend time to have either meal or dinner with their family because of their busy schedule. Thus it might be one of the reason of loosing the cultural identity.

Some newspapers and research has shown data regarding globalization. Imitation or mimicking of western culture is more responsible behind that. For instance, not obeying elders not taking responsibilities, not celebrating traditional festivals with families. These all causes detrimental effect to culture. For example the children after being an adult, complain against their parents and punish them. It is the recent example of the United State of America. However, there are also some countries and families present which dye in the wool. Whatever the situations they set in a stone due to their believes and myths. May be they have blessing s from their elders.

To sum up, I would like to agree with the statement of globalization raises loss of cultural identity but it also depends on us how we handle the situation, unite together and maintain our traditions in this modernization era.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task-2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

The introduction and the conclusion do not match!

The example in the first paragraph simply doesn't make sense. You wrote 'think that they should'.

Which people are not celebrating? Christmas is widely celebrated. Chinese New Year.

The rest of the paragraph makes no sense.

The seriousness of the mistakes in this essay make it almost incomprehensible.

All the best,
David
varsha

Post by varsha »

What should i do to improve my essay writing?
Please guide me.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

My main advice would be as follows:

1. Stick with language that you can use accurately.
2. Use adverbs of frequency and degree accurately so that meaning is clear.
3. Check your use of positive and negative sentences, particularly in the introduction and conclusion.

All the best,
David
varsha

Post by varsha »

Thank you for suggestion at which point i should improve. It will help me a lot.

In conclusion section , both thesis part should be shown , as well as futuristic effect. If i am wrong correct me.

Thank you once again.