2016-03-13-11-24-29-385.mp3
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 457 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Plz asses my speaking

Post by lmoore »

Hello, RonyM!
I will give you some feedback about this specific recording.
It seems like all of your recordings sound like you wrote out your answers. Is this so? If so, I would encourage you to practice without reading the answers. The interviewer will want to see that you can carry on a casual conversation in English, which will require you to think of your answers in the moment. It’s good to practice what you want to say, maybe with some notecards to help you remember the points you want to cover or particular vocabulary words you want to use, but avoid memorizing your answers.
Here are some other points:
--For long distance – distances (plural)
--It improve my breathing – improveS (third person singular – it)
Help me – helpS me (third person singular – it)
--Going to the sea or swim – SWIMMING (parallel structure)
--I be not intimidated or frightened from these games – I AM not intimidated or frightened BY these games. (We use the preposition “by” with “frightened.” For example, “I am frightened BY snakes.” You could also say, “Snakes frighten me.” The first example is in the passive voice, and the second is in the active voice.)
--Give more details about disadvantages of swimming– hygiene of pools, especially since you’re a doctor.
I would suggest that you pay close attention to grammar because you make minor mistakes regularly. You could also increase the range of grammar structures that you can use confidently to increase your score.