Are you taking the IELTS for immigration purposes?

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
ilaria88

Re: Are you taking the IELTS for immigration purposes?

Post by ilaria88 »

hello!
I am taking the Ielts test in order to enroll for a master in an american school. They give you the choice to take either the TOEFL or the Ielts, as long as you pass one of them with a high score, 100 and 7, respectively.
Hanie87

Post by Hanie87 »

Hi Ryan

I just got my result and I feel over the moon now!
Here is the result of exam (academic) June 7th:
Listening 8.5 Reading 7.5 Writing 7.5 Speaking 8.0 Overall 8.0

I wanna thank you for the blog and all the help I could get from my friends here.
However any amount of thanks wouldn't be enough.

the previous attempts were:

26 Oct 2013, Overall 7
L7.5 R7 W7 S6.5

7 Dec 2013, Overall 7.5
L8 R8 W6.5 S7

5 Apr 2014, Overall 7
L6.5 R7 W7 S7.5

26 Apr 2014, Overall 7.5
L6.5 R8 W7.5 S7
Gigy binu

Post by Gigy binu »

My name is Gigy.I work as a nurse in Kuwait past 8 years.I am married.I have 1 son.I like to immigrate Canada.so I need which ielts? General or academic.
Pkhatawa

Post by Pkhatawa »

Yes Ryan. I too am taking IELTS General Training for immigration purpose. I want to immigrate to Australia. The skills assessment is over with positive result. The remained part is only, the IELTS, in which I am required to secure 8 band in all skills.
charles205

Post by charles205 »

Hi Ryan and all,

I attempted IELTS two times for getting PR. I scored 8.0 at my second attempt other than for writing. I applied for a review but it didn't change the results.
I am struggling with my writing, and this time I found your writing essay structure and working on it.
I'll be sitting for the exam 16 August 2014.

If possible please comment on my four essay attempts published under writing index. This is where I need to improve.

Thanks.
15/03/2014 (L 7.5 - R 6.0 - W 6.5 - S 8.0)
24/04/2014 (L 8.0 - R 8.0 - W 6.5 - S 8.0)
rituraj

Post by rituraj »

Which exam was it..idp or British council
charles205

Post by charles205 »

charles205 wrote:Hi Ryan and all,

I attempted IELTS two times for getting PR. I scored 8.0 at my second attempt other than for writing. I applied for a review but it didn't change the results.
I am struggling with my writing, and this time I found your writing essay structure and working on it.
I'll be sitting for the exam 16 August 2014.

If possible please comment on my four essay attempts published under writing index. This is where I need to improve.

Thanks.
15/03/2014 (L 7.5 - R 6.0 - W 6.5 - S 8.0)
24/04/2014 (L 8.0 - R 8.0 - W 6.5 - S 8.0)
Hi,
Both were taken in British Council.
Raj77

Post by Raj77 »

Hi Ryan,

I am taking IELTS for migration to Australia. Have some really weird situation, attempted the test twice and guess what ?

My scores look like this

test 1: L:6, R:7.5, W:6.5, S:7

test 2: L:7.5, R:6, W:6.5, S:7

I didn't quite prepare for the first test but the second one was full preparation of 2 months with all Cambridge ESOL material and guidelines from your blog ( active reading and writing guidelines etc.). Just thinking, if I should go for the reevaluation of the test modules. I am not convinced if the evaluation has been fair.

Regards,
Raj
sowji

Post by sowji »

Hi guys,

I am an IT developer want to take IELTS for immigration purpose.This is my first attempt and I am aiming for the band 8.

Thanks
sowji
sharmasandy

Post by sharmasandy »

I agree with Rayan, In most of the cases it is writing (Essay). I had attempted on 15th March 2014 and got without preparation L- 8, R- 7.5, W -5.5 and speaking 7. i have just written a another exam after preparation, I am expecting 8+, 8, 6.5+ and 6.5+ in respective section ( Result will be out by 4th Oct). I had prepared for 2 months and worked on each section as per guideline by friends and Rayan.
Listening - BBC news podcast on regular basis, ABC Online Radio. Prepare from Cambridge Test Series 4 onwards.
Initially I had problem but later improved till band 8.

Reading - This is the section where I wanted to score more. I prepared form last 4 test series of Cambridge. Especially I prepared for True, False and Not Given question answers a lot. Gone through many videos on youtube.com . Although, I tried to score 9 but I might not cross 8. Also I tried with Academic test and later with general test papers.

Writing - I was not habitual in writing so that was the weakest point second I did small spelling mistake while writing, again this was because of lack of writing skills. I worked on this, Gone through all the videos, pattern. I started learning vocabulary from scratch so that I should write perfect spelling. I wrote 2 pages in half an hour for perfect writing with Ink pen. Every day learn 20 new words and use them as and when required even in the local languages.

Speaking - Speacking with friends and some time native English speaker.

I am eagerly waiting to get 7 in all sections for Australia immigration otherwise I will go with Canada Immigration.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Hi Ryan,

I took the IELTS last Oct18 and I failed the speaking section. I am so worried because i need to submit my application for my permanent resident before the year ends. I am going to retake the exam on Nov22 and I hope this time I am going to get a good score.

I am immense with lots of English from watching TV, reading books or articles in the internet, and listening to music. However, I am still having difficulty to speak English. I cannot expound my answers in English clearly when explaining, I cannot put more details and description to the things that I am trying to say. Also I always confused the person that I am speaking to. In short, I have a problem in conversational English that is why I failed the speaking section.

I am badly needed your advice. :(
prabhakar reddy

Post by prabhakar reddy »

My name is Prabhakar reddy and I am a retired Professor of English language, aged about 67 years.I have 15 years of experience in teaching IELTS and have groomed several students in getting good bands.And, I have uncanny adroitness of casting a spell on the minds of the students to initiate eagerness to explore English language.
Furthermore I teach you a plethora of shortcut methods & techniques in making IELTS reading comprehensions easy .I have the art of making you write commendable Essays to get good band. I also have 200 frequently asked IELTS questions which can help you pass the speaking module with out any hassles. .
I also have excellent pedantic skills of inculcating the subtle nuances of English language to the students to their effective assimilation. I have abundant experience in dealing with English grammar, vocabulary and accent and I have the craftiness of imparting the knowledge of using catchy phrases and idiomatic language to enable you to write and speak expertly.
Besides,I have a great repertoire of copious vocabulary tucked in the crevices of my memory which will be helpful in writing tasks. I have the uncanny adroitness of making you articulate your ideas and views explicitly in English language (useful in writing essays and speaking). And furthermore, I give you my guarantee to make you get your band.
So,In order to make yourself certain,call me on my mobile phone 919550724029 or else contact me on my e-mail address: preddy2407@gmail.com
Jayjanani

Post by Jayjanani »

Yup. My purpose for appearing this exam is for immigration purpose. I need to score round abt band score of 6. Hope I get it there...
rameshtg

Post by rameshtg »

Dear all,

I'm planning to take IELTS examination in the month of April for Canada immigration process. Please let me know if anybody in this forum are applying for Canada immigration and what is the minimum expected score to qualify. I know that for Australia PR 7 in each band is mandatory to qualify. Please let me know if you have any additional information on job opportunities in Canada for Business analysts/consultants in ERP (workday).
your responses will be highly appreciated.

Happy Learning.
Ramesh T G
shanthivasanth

Post by shanthivasanth »

I attended ielts exam 3 times I scored 5.5 in each time , my ambition is to score 7.0in each section please help me
DavidVZLA

Post by DavidVZLA »

Hello

My name is David I took the IELTS test the last week, now i'm waiting for results. I think that in the first day I did it well. (Listening, Reading, Writing) I'm confident that I achieved at least 6 in Listening and Speaking. But my speaking test was horrible :o I got nervous and made many mistakes incredible mistakes I was in shock because the English level that I showed was no more than a 5.0 with luck 5.5 and a miracle 6.0... And I'm prying for the miracle because I'm planing to apply for FSW Canada and the minimum score accepted is 6 in each module.

wish me luck
byes
David H
faizaan.ahmed24

Post by faizaan.ahmed24 »

Hi Ryan

I want to apply for Oz PR visa.I am Electrical Engineer having 3 yrs of working experience.Whats my chances to get PR visa and how many bands i required in Ielts exam.
gautamk

Post by gautamk »

practise is the key to perform well in ielts
gautamk

Post by gautamk »

HOW MUCH BAND SCORE IS REQUIRED FOR CANADA CIC ???
gautamk

Post by gautamk »

Kumar,

did you finally clear your test ???

what happened
gautamk

Post by gautamk »

Kumar,

did you finally clear your test ???

what happened
raymond

Post by raymond »

i have not decided yet weather i have immigrate or not. i also wanna ask all of you is there any benefit to migrate for ielts. i am going to take this purposes but don't know how to complete it an which country is prefer. if anyone help me i will be glad. thanks
get the best educational quality from ketty editing com which is always the best.
ramani56in

Post by ramani56in »

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is my score and band. L-7.5 ; R-7 ; W- 6.5 ; S-6 - Over all 7.

Actually i was expecting better band and i am not satisfied with this score.

1. Could you please advise if remarking will help to improve the band.
2. Is this score enough for immigration to Australia / Canada.

Thanks & Reagrds
krishmba06

Post by krishmba06 »

ramani56in wrote:Dear Sir / Madam,

This is my score and band. L-7.5 ; R-7 ; W- 6.5 ; S-6 - Over all 7.

Actually i was expecting better band and i am not satisfied with this score.

1. Could you please advise if remarking will help to improve the band.
2. Is this score enough for immigration to Australia / Canada.

Thanks & Regards

=========================================
Hi,

I believe you would be eligible for Canadian immigration. Because they do not have any minimum requirements about the IELTS Score. Based on your points your Canadian language benchmark is CLB7. With this you can check your eligibility at the website:- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp;
Also try to get some opinion from your local immigration agent.

Thanks