Are you taking the IELTS for immigration purposes?

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Are you taking the IELTS for immigration purposes?

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

allen_zhang wrote:I am taking IELTS for immigration to Australia.
Attempt 1(03-09-2013): L-7.5, R-8, W-6, S-6.
I am going to take another one next week (on March 8,2014).
From my experience it is much easier for students to get "average 7", than 7 for each section.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
swetam

Post by swetam »

Hey friends,

I am Sweta & am giving my IELTS 3rd time for getting Aussie PR. My score is as follows:

Attempt 1st: L:7.5; R: 6.5; W: 7.5; S: 6.5 (British Council)
Attempt 2nd: L:6.5; R: 6.5; W: 6.5; S: 7 (IDP)
Attempt 3rd: on 5th April, 2014.(British Council)

To get desired points I need to have 7 bands for each module. :( & coz of which my process got delayed. I have got study material of IELTS 6,7,8 & 9.

So far i have done 1 mock test & have scored L: 34 & R: 33. Really worried how to i go ahead with my studies to be consistent & increase my score.

Regards,

Sweta
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

swetam wrote:Hey friends,

I am Sweta & am giving my IELTS 3rd time for getting Aussie PR. My score is as follows:

Attempt 1st: L:7.5; R: 6.5; W: 7.5; S: 6.5 (British Council)
Attempt 2nd: L:6.5; R: 6.5; W: 6.5; S: 7 (IDP)
Attempt 3rd: on 5th April, 2014.(British Council)

To get desired points I need to have 7 bands for each module. :( & coz of which my process got delayed. I have got study material of IELTS 6,7,8 & 9.

So far i have done 1 mock test & have scored L: 34 & R: 33. Really worried how to i go ahead with my studies to be consistent & increase my score.

Regards,

Sweta
For Writing, you can consider if your handwriting is clear (and fast) - also, you can analyse your text to see if you are repeating the essay question vocabulary or your own: "http://www.textfixer.com/tools/online-word-counter.php".
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
swetam

Post by swetam »

Thanks a lot. I will definitely put my writing tasks on this link that you have sent. :)
shweta1984

Post by shweta1984 »

Hi Folks,

I am taking IELTS for immigration to Australia as well. I have to score 7 in each section. Unfortunately last two time I failed to achieve so. This is the third time i have attempted this test and hoping to get 7 in each as paper was not too very difficult except writing and true,false, not given questions in reading that appeared twice.

Attempt 1st Results:

L-6.5,r-6.5,w-7,s-7= 6.5

Attempt 2nd Results:

L-6, r-7, w-5.5, s-7= 6
Gems

Post by Gems »

Hi,
I am also taking the Ielts exam for the purpose of migration i scored :
attempt 1 L6, R 5.5, W 5.5 s 6
attempt 2 L 6.5 R 5.5 W 5.5, S 6
I have difficulty in reading i m very slow advise me please?
muhammad.adil

Post by muhammad.adil »

Assalam O Alaikum!

Ryan, This is Muhammad Adil Pakistan Nationality, currently living & doing Job in Saudi Arabia, yes I want to appear in IELTS exam for migration to Canada, I need your suggestions in this regards, also one post i sent you just now give me your suggestions
Hanie87

Post by Hanie87 »

I'm going to migrate to Australia (with a skilled worker visa) in a year or two and I'm trying to achieve 7 in each skill.
I'm going to sit the exam on June the 7th.

and here is my previous attempts:

(26-10-2013) L-7.5,R-7,W-7,S-6.5 ; Overall-7.0
(07-12-2013) L-8,R-8,W-6.5,S-7 ; Overall-7.5
(05-04-2014) L-6.5,R-7,W-7,S-7.5; Overall-7.0
(26-04-2014) L-6.5,R-8,W-7.5,S-7 Overall-7.5
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hanie87 wrote:I'm going to migrate to Australia (with a skilled worker visa) in a year or two and I'm trying to achieve 7 in each skill.
I'm going to sit the exam on June the 7th.

and here is my previous attempts:

(26-10-2013) L-7.5,R-7,W-7,S-6.5 ; Overall-7.0
(07-12-2013) L-8,R-8,W-6.5,S-7 ; Overall-7.5
(05-04-2014) L-6.5,R-7,W-7,S-7.5; Overall-7.0
(26-04-2014) L-6.5,R-8,W-7.5,S-7 Overall-7.5
Hi Hanie,

It looks as though you are on track for success. Keep practicing all sections to maintain your skills. Your last two listening results are unfortunate. I hope you're actively engaging as many mock exams as you can to pull this 6.5 up. June 7 should get you results. Good luck.
Hanie87

Post by Hanie87 »

Thanks a million Ryan.

I passed the exam and I think I made it.
I let u know the result as soon as I get it.

Kind regards
ilaria88

Post by ilaria88 »

hello!
I am taking the Ielts test in order to enroll for a master in an american school. They give you the choice to take either the TOEFL or the Ielts, as long as you pass one of them with a high score, 100 and 7, respectively.
Hanie87

Post by Hanie87 »

Hi Ryan

I just got my result and I feel over the moon now!
Here is the result of exam (academic) June 7th:
Listening 8.5 Reading 7.5 Writing 7.5 Speaking 8.0 Overall 8.0

I wanna thank you for the blog and all the help I could get from my friends here.
However any amount of thanks wouldn't be enough.

the previous attempts were:

26 Oct 2013, Overall 7
L7.5 R7 W7 S6.5

7 Dec 2013, Overall 7.5
L8 R8 W6.5 S7

5 Apr 2014, Overall 7
L6.5 R7 W7 S7.5

26 Apr 2014, Overall 7.5
L6.5 R8 W7.5 S7
Gigy binu

Post by Gigy binu »

My name is Gigy.I work as a nurse in Kuwait past 8 years.I am married.I have 1 son.I like to immigrate Canada.so I need which ielts? General or academic.
Pkhatawa

Post by Pkhatawa »

Yes Ryan. I too am taking IELTS General Training for immigration purpose. I want to immigrate to Australia. The skills assessment is over with positive result. The remained part is only, the IELTS, in which I am required to secure 8 band in all skills.
charles205

Post by charles205 »

Hi Ryan and all,

I attempted IELTS two times for getting PR. I scored 8.0 at my second attempt other than for writing. I applied for a review but it didn't change the results.
I am struggling with my writing, and this time I found your writing essay structure and working on it.
I'll be sitting for the exam 16 August 2014.

If possible please comment on my four essay attempts published under writing index. This is where I need to improve.

Thanks.
15/03/2014 (L 7.5 - R 6.0 - W 6.5 - S 8.0)
24/04/2014 (L 8.0 - R 8.0 - W 6.5 - S 8.0)
rituraj

Post by rituraj »

Which exam was it..idp or British council
charles205

Post by charles205 »

charles205 wrote:Hi Ryan and all,

I attempted IELTS two times for getting PR. I scored 8.0 at my second attempt other than for writing. I applied for a review but it didn't change the results.
I am struggling with my writing, and this time I found your writing essay structure and working on it.
I'll be sitting for the exam 16 August 2014.

If possible please comment on my four essay attempts published under writing index. This is where I need to improve.

Thanks.
15/03/2014 (L 7.5 - R 6.0 - W 6.5 - S 8.0)
24/04/2014 (L 8.0 - R 8.0 - W 6.5 - S 8.0)
Hi,
Both were taken in British Council.
Raj77

Post by Raj77 »

Hi Ryan,

I am taking IELTS for migration to Australia. Have some really weird situation, attempted the test twice and guess what ?

My scores look like this

test 1: L:6, R:7.5, W:6.5, S:7

test 2: L:7.5, R:6, W:6.5, S:7

I didn't quite prepare for the first test but the second one was full preparation of 2 months with all Cambridge ESOL material and guidelines from your blog ( active reading and writing guidelines etc.). Just thinking, if I should go for the reevaluation of the test modules. I am not convinced if the evaluation has been fair.

Regards,
Raj
sowji

Post by sowji »

Hi guys,

I am an IT developer want to take IELTS for immigration purpose.This is my first attempt and I am aiming for the band 8.

Thanks
sowji
sharmasandy

Post by sharmasandy »

I agree with Rayan, In most of the cases it is writing (Essay). I had attempted on 15th March 2014 and got without preparation L- 8, R- 7.5, W -5.5 and speaking 7. i have just written a another exam after preparation, I am expecting 8+, 8, 6.5+ and 6.5+ in respective section ( Result will be out by 4th Oct). I had prepared for 2 months and worked on each section as per guideline by friends and Rayan.
Listening - BBC news podcast on regular basis, ABC Online Radio. Prepare from Cambridge Test Series 4 onwards.
Initially I had problem but later improved till band 8.

Reading - This is the section where I wanted to score more. I prepared form last 4 test series of Cambridge. Especially I prepared for True, False and Not Given question answers a lot. Gone through many videos on youtube.com . Although, I tried to score 9 but I might not cross 8. Also I tried with Academic test and later with general test papers.

Writing - I was not habitual in writing so that was the weakest point second I did small spelling mistake while writing, again this was because of lack of writing skills. I worked on this, Gone through all the videos, pattern. I started learning vocabulary from scratch so that I should write perfect spelling. I wrote 2 pages in half an hour for perfect writing with Ink pen. Every day learn 20 new words and use them as and when required even in the local languages.

Speaking - Speacking with friends and some time native English speaker.

I am eagerly waiting to get 7 in all sections for Australia immigration otherwise I will go with Canada Immigration.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Hi Ryan,

I took the IELTS last Oct18 and I failed the speaking section. I am so worried because i need to submit my application for my permanent resident before the year ends. I am going to retake the exam on Nov22 and I hope this time I am going to get a good score.

I am immense with lots of English from watching TV, reading books or articles in the internet, and listening to music. However, I am still having difficulty to speak English. I cannot expound my answers in English clearly when explaining, I cannot put more details and description to the things that I am trying to say. Also I always confused the person that I am speaking to. In short, I have a problem in conversational English that is why I failed the speaking section.

I am badly needed your advice. :(
prabhakar reddy

Post by prabhakar reddy »

My name is Prabhakar reddy and I am a retired Professor of English language, aged about 67 years.I have 15 years of experience in teaching IELTS and have groomed several students in getting good bands.And, I have uncanny adroitness of casting a spell on the minds of the students to initiate eagerness to explore English language.
Furthermore I teach you a plethora of shortcut methods & techniques in making IELTS reading comprehensions easy .I have the art of making you write commendable Essays to get good band. I also have 200 frequently asked IELTS questions which can help you pass the speaking module with out any hassles. .
I also have excellent pedantic skills of inculcating the subtle nuances of English language to the students to their effective assimilation. I have abundant experience in dealing with English grammar, vocabulary and accent and I have the craftiness of imparting the knowledge of using catchy phrases and idiomatic language to enable you to write and speak expertly.
Besides,I have a great repertoire of copious vocabulary tucked in the crevices of my memory which will be helpful in writing tasks. I have the uncanny adroitness of making you articulate your ideas and views explicitly in English language (useful in writing essays and speaking). And furthermore, I give you my guarantee to make you get your band.
So,In order to make yourself certain,call me on my mobile phone 919550724029 or else contact me on my e-mail address: preddy2407@gmail.com
Jayjanani

Post by Jayjanani »

Yup. My purpose for appearing this exam is for immigration purpose. I need to score round abt band score of 6. Hope I get it there...
rameshtg

Post by rameshtg »

Dear all,

I'm planning to take IELTS examination in the month of April for Canada immigration process. Please let me know if anybody in this forum are applying for Canada immigration and what is the minimum expected score to qualify. I know that for Australia PR 7 in each band is mandatory to qualify. Please let me know if you have any additional information on job opportunities in Canada for Business analysts/consultants in ERP (workday).
your responses will be highly appreciated.

Happy Learning.
Ramesh T G
shanthivasanth

Post by shanthivasanth »

I attended ielts exam 3 times I scored 5.5 in each time , my ambition is to score 7.0in each section please help me