Please check my writing Task 2

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Happy2326

Please check my writing Task 2

Post by Happy2326 »

Television is one of the greatest technological advancements of the twentieth century. This can be used for both entertainment and infotainment purposes, which can be a handy tool of learning for young lives.

However, some short sighted British families do not shop for television as they regard it as an idiot-box, which can hamper the ingenuity of their wards. They believe that watching TV is not just wastage of time but it makes the children’s sensory skills passive. Hence, they become slow in studies, their eyes-span decreases, so does their grasping power. Moreover, watching immature content can develop wicked thoughts that can be deleterious for both parents and children. In addition, habit of spoon-feeding develops as it is easy to have ready-made information for school work. Therefore, TV is looked down upon by a handful of Britishers.

According to me, these claims are baseless and futile in nature. As TV is one of the most innovative audio-visual aid in education. We have to make optimum use of this device. For instance, to teach alphabets to young students, an image if letter ‘A’ along with an object like apple or aero-plane coupled with pronunciation can make the students to learn the alphabets more effectively than just plainly reading the text books. Furthermore, there are various educational channels like Discovery and National Geographic which are of great way to know broaden one’s horizons about flora and fauna. Thus, TV helps to develop the social, emotional and thinking skills of the child.

It is evident that pros of TV in terms of developing the minds of young people outweigh the cons of it. As, parental control can be the solution to bar the access to adult channels. Further, it is assumed that TV will remain popular among the people years to come.
masimshehzad

Re: Please check my writing Task 2

Post by masimshehzad »

The very first thing, I would recommend is, using Ryan structure.
A well reputed, established and, social media famous(thousands of likes), IELTS business which daily attracts students enquiries, is set for sale. Contact me if you need it.