I have question for Examiners of this blog

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Aky

I have question for Examiners of this blog

Post by Aky »

Hello everybody !

Basically, I have one or two questions about Task 2
Someone talked to me that it is possible to use borrowed templates ( an essay which has a high score) in my essays
1. What do you think of using templates in the exam ? I mean that is it OK to use borrowed structures and sentences
during the process of writing. What do examiners think about it. For example, I often use them in my essays I should make sure that which one is better to get a higher score.I have right case to use them Can I follow this strategy
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: I have question for Examiners of this blog

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

It depends on what score you are aiming for. Each examiner marks a lot of papers, so templates are easily spotted. Most candidates are aiming for 6/6.5 so using a template is generally fine for them, but if you are aiming higher, I'd avoid them. Most candidates make the mistake of using the template as a replacement for arguments, development and examples, and this is where using a template can have a very negative effect on scores.

All the best,
David