Can I use highlighter or multiple colour pens on reading question paper

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
usmanalihuawei

Can I use highlighter or multiple colour pens on reading question paper

Post by usmanalihuawei »

Hello ,

Can anyone help in sharing the rules for reading exam, i want to use the highlighter or blue and red pen to underline my hints and key words on the reading passage. is that allowed?
As i am practicing use the same technique, which gives me a better result.

Regards,
Usman
asfandyarali

Re: Can I use highlighter or multiple colour pens on reading question paper

Post by asfandyarali »

I believe there should not be any problem. However, respected mentors on this forum could shed some light on this. If it is allowed, I would adapt same strategy which seems to be great :)
dentist

Post by dentist »

It does not matter with whatever you wright on the question paper , but on the answer sheet, your answer should be clear .When I was giving exam many people told me to wright with pencil so I can erase my answers ,therefor I wrote my answers with pencil .For me it was bit difficult to complete my passage on time so I used pencil on both question and answer sheet .If you have no time management problem than you can write with whatever thing you like but on the question paper .
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

There's no problem using them, but most test centres do not allow you to take them into the room, so the question is moot.

David