Question on Writing Task 2

Receive insight from active IELTS examiners.
devquestions

Question on Writing Task 2

Post by devquestions » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Hello,

For Writing Task 2, do I need to express my opinion in the first paragraph itself or should I provide a general introduction in the beginning and then build the arguments in the body and finally state my opinion in the conclusion?

For example, for a prompt like below -
"Some people say that education system is the crucial factor to development of a country.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement?",
should I state in Introduction paragraph itself that "I disagree with the opinion that education is the crucial factor to development of a country"?

Thanks.

FastTrackIELTS

Re: Question on Writing Task 2

Post by FastTrackIELTS » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Hello again Dev,

There is a great article here that discusses Task 2 structure for opinion questions. Ordinarily you would want to use your first paragraph to introduce the topic and to rephrase the question.

Jordan
FREE IELTS Tips, Videos and Lessons from Fast Track IELTS - Book a lesson with us today!
http://WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM

masimshehzad

Re: Question on Writing Task 2

Post by masimshehzad » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:23 am

I think, as per Ryan recommended structure, we should also explain our stance in the introductory sentence.
A well reputed, established and, social media famous(thousands of likes), IELTS business which daily attracts students enquiries, is set for sale. Contact me if you need it.