IELTS Result Re-evaluation

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
asimkhan

Re: IELTS Result Re-evaluation

Post by asimkhan »

out class discussion for all type of results 2015 about latest development of education like IELTS and technology introduce.
baral86

Post by baral86 »

Hi,

I have appeared for the IELTS for the first time and below are my scores.
L=8.5
R=7.5
S=7.5
W=6.5

I am targetting a Band 7 in all the four components. Should I go for a re-evaluation? Please help.

Also let me know if there is a chance of my score getting reduced after the EOR?
Rupin

Post by Rupin »

IELTS Result Re-evaluation

Hi Ryan
I got my result today and I am not happy with speaking marks. I got L 8, R 9, W 7 and S 6.5. Please suggest should I go for re-evaluation, since I need 7 in each module.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards
Rupin
alfacookie

Post by alfacookie »

Hi all.

I sat my IELTS this july and my scores were as follows: listening 8.5, reading 9, speaking 7.5 and writing 6.5
I checked with my local IELTS exam center and they told me that they double checked my writing so the score is accurate. Since I needed at least 7 in writing I decided to apply for a re-evaluation anyway. After waiting for about 1.5 months my writing score was changed by a whole band to 7.5
So now my scores are 8.5, 9, 7.5, 7.5. I'm happy with these results

The morale of this story. If you are truly sure that you deserve better scores, don't hesitate.
There is no point in appealing listening and reading, but writing - yes.
asfandyarali

Post by asfandyarali »

This is so unfair with candidates. This is actually blackmailing. There should be some sort of check on IELTS.
Cliff.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by Cliff.IELTS.Examiner »

If there is two bands or more difference between speaking/writing and the other tests there is an automatic reevaluation.
Anamaria10

Post by Anamaria10 »

Hello there,

I would like to know if there is any chance to get a lower score on IELTS when applying for a re-evaluation of results?

Thank you!
Have a nice day
IELTS IDP INDIA

Post by IELTS IDP INDIA »

If you strongly feel that your scores are not accurate you can go ahead and apply for re-evaluation.

Please download the Enquiry on Result Application form from the Downloads section. The form is also available with IDP Branch Offices.

Complete the application for and submit/courier the same, along with the fee of INR 9,000 (Rupees Nine Thousand only) (inclusive of all taxes) is applicable.
Book your IELTS Test 2019 with IELTS IDP INDIA - Don't Delay - Click here
himanshu_chopra

Post by himanshu_chopra »

Hi,

I appeared for my IELTS GT exam earlier this month and my score is L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 and S 7.
I seek advice on remarking of IELTS results. I am not happy with my writing score. I am pretty confident that I wrote a very good essay, however since I am a slow writer, I was left with only 15 minutes to complete the letter (task 1). Although I finished the task and I am confident that the word limit was achieved, however i did not have time to read the letter.
While practising for the writing section before the test, i did make some grammatical errors while writing the practice essays and letters.
So I need advice on 2 things-
1. I have read on various websites that if there is a difference on band 2 or more in 2 sections of the IELTS exam, the writing results are automatically rechecked by a senior examiner. Is this always true? or is it done only if the difference (of 2 or more) is in the band scores of writing and speaking section ?

2. Since I am not sure about the errors I may have made in the 1st task (letter writing) would you still advise me to go for the remarking?
qammarrafique

Re: RE: Re: IELTS Result Re-evaluation

Post by qammarrafique »

himanshu_chopra wrote:Hi,

I appeared for my IELTS GT exam earlier this month and my score is L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 and S 7.
I seek advice on remarking of IELTS results. I am not happy with my writing score. I am pretty confident that I wrote a very good essay, however since I am a slow writer, I was left with only 15 minutes to complete the letter (task 1). Although I finished the task and I am confident that the word limit was achieved, however i did not have time to read the letter.
While practising for the writing section before the test, i did make some grammatical errors while writing the practice essays and letters.
So I need advice on 2 things-
1. I have read on various websites that if there is a difference on band 2 or more in 2 sections of the IELTS exam, the writing results are automatically rechecked by a senior examiner. Is this always true? or is it done only if the difference (of 2 or more) is in the band scores of writing and speaking section ?

2. Since I am not sure about the errors I may have made in the 1st task (letter writing) would you still advise me to go for the remarking?
Hi

Just now I installed this app. I am also a new candidate to attempt IELTS. I am planning at the end of nov. Can you help me. If you have any study material or useful info can you please share it with me.
My email id is qammarrafique@gmail.com
My wtts app is 00966538510795

Qammar Rafique
Telecom Eng
Saudi Arabia

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk