indentation

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
JedLester

indentation

Post by JedLester »

hi ryan. love your blogs by the way. i searched almost everywhere to find the simple but complete information about some of the tips and techniques in taking the IELTS exam, and then your site came. I am jed and would like to ask you and someone here who knows if, do we have to use indentation in every start of our paragraph in writing task 1 and 2 academic category. thank you so much.

:D :D :D
Ryan

Re: indentation

Post by Ryan »

Hi JedLester,

Thank you for your kind words. To answer your question, no you do not need to indent your paragraphs in IELTS Writing. If you choose not to indent, skip a line between paragraphs to ensure the examiner knows where one ends and another begins.

Good luck!
Sandeep6688

Post by Sandeep6688 »

Ryan wrote:Hi JedLester,

Thank you for your kind words. To answer your question, no you do not need to indent your paragraphs in IELTS Writing. If you choose not to indent, skip a line between paragraphs to ensure the examiner knows where one ends and another begins.

Good luck!
Ryan can you please help me by telling me anything related to October 11th IELTS test. I am really afraid!!
and what about speaking topic , are there any specific topics that repeats ? Please let me know
JedLester

Post by JedLester »

Good luck!

ryan, thank you for clarifying that. ill be sitting my speaking test tomorrow.. and the rest will be on saturday. i hope it will make a difference this time... i appreciate your lessons a lot
JedLester

Post by JedLester »

Good luck!
Hello Ryan, it has been over a year since I have asked this question and I totally forgot to check back for replies. Anyway, the most recent Ielts exam I took was after sending you this inquiry. You're lectures did really help me a lot especially on the Writing task. I have finally bagged that elusive 7 score in writing. My overall Ielts score were L8 RWS 7. I was frustrated on my exam performance that time and thought I need to retake it but I was really head over heels when I've checked the result online. Currently, I have a pending application for my nursing registration in the UK. But for my visa application, the UK law has changed the regular ielts to their so called UKVI ielts. I think the difference is in the aspect of payment. From an average 120 GBP, it went to a whopping 200 to 230 GBP. Great isnt it? DO you have any idea if there is a difference in the content? Anyway, i will be taking the exam in fortnight and I am checking your blogs and videos again to refresh my head. keep it up sir ryan
JedLester

Post by JedLester »

forgot to share some of the topics that i have encountered in the October 2014 exam.

writing task 1 = it is a diagram, a linear one, that shows the process of making a smoked fish
writing task 2= its similar to my speaking topic
speaking = Do you think that parents who leave their children to work abroad is making the right decision?

the rest, i cant really remember anymore. but hope it can help ^^